Yukon Nominee Program participants can apply for a nomination and a 1-time work-permit extension. There is no guarantee an extension will be issued.
Visit us at least 30 days before your documents expire so we have plenty of time to process your application.
The extension request is subject to all conditions that were in place at the time the original nomination certificate was issued.
Apply to get your nomination extended
- Demonstrate you've undertaken the permanent-residence process, and provide a copy of your application receipt for permanent residence.
- Write a letter to the Immigration officer and indicate:
- the business where you are employed;
- your job title; and
- your reason for requesting the extension.
- Include a copy of your current work permit. If you have been issued a letter of support for a new work permit, include a copy.
- Write a letter that indicates:
- the business name;
- the nominee's job title;
- the specific wage offered to the nominee; and
- their willingness to continue to employ the nominee until the they receive permanent residency
Submit your application
In person: 303 Alexander Street (1st floor) in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Apply to get your work permit extended
The Government of Canada issues work permit extensions. You must have a valid nomination and hold a letter of support for an extension to your work permit. Find out how to apply to get your work permit extended.
For questions about applying to extend your nomination or work permit email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5131 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5131.