The Community Safety Planning Program helps Yukon First Nations governments foster safer communities in ways that work best for their needs.
Yukon First Nations governments can apply for funding of up to $200,000 to support local community safety planning initiatives.
How does the Community Safety Planning Program work?
The community safety planning funding program has 2 funding streams.
Stream 1: assessment and planning
This stream provides funding for Yukon First Nations governments to create a community safety plan. This includes support for:
- assessing your community’s safety needs;
- identifying your community's strengths and assets available to build or improve safety;
- understanding risks to your community's safety;
- prioritizing action;
- planning for effective implementation of these actions; and
- evaluating the success of your community's safety initiatives.
Stream 2: action and implementation
In this stream, we provide funding to Yukon First Nations governments to put new or existing community safety plans into action.
How long is this funding available for?
Funding is available from now until 2030.
Who's eligible for the program?
Yukon First Nations governments can apply for funding.
How much funding can you receive?
Each Yukon First Nations government is eligible to receive up to $200,000 in funding.
How do you apply for the program?
You'll need to submit the following documents to apply for the Community Safety Planning Program.
- Download and complete the application form. Or, provide in writing all of the information we require in the application. Make sure you include all the parts of the application in your written submission. If the application includes capital purchases over $50,000 email us to discuss your application.
- Get a letter of support for your application from your Chief and council. You can download and use this letter template.
- Download and complete the budget form.
- Submit your documents.
- After we've reviewed your application, we'll contact you to discuss it.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-3100.