Social housing assists Yukoners in need of affordable, suitable and accessible housing. Social housing rent is geared to income. This means rent is calculated to be 25% of your total gross monthly household (combined) income.
- You must be a Yukon resident.
- You must be a low-income individual, family and or senior citizen who can't obtain affordable and suitable housing on the private market.
- Your household income must be under current housing income limits thresholds.
- You must be in good standing with the Yukon Housing Corporation.
Apply for social housing
- Complete the application package.
Note: Make sure you complete the priority consideration section of the application if you require immediate housing.
- Provide identification.
19+ years of age: You need 1 piece of government-issued photo ID.
Under 19 years of age: You need 1 piece of government-issued ID.
- Include your Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada if you are 19+.
- Submit your complete application package:
In person: 410 Jarvis Street in Whitehorse or your local Community Housing office. Our Whitehorse office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Your application will be assessed by local advisory boards based on your needs and the availability of housing units.
For any difficulty in applying for social housing email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll-free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.