Ask for permission to leave your housing unit for a period of time

You must let us know if you will be leaving your social housing unit for a period of time. Only people who are named on your lease can stay at your house while you are away.

We want to make sure you have a plan:

  • so that your unit is kept in good condition; and
  • you pay your rent while you are away.
  1. Complete the Short-term tenant absence form if you will be absent for less than 30 days between October 1 and April 30.
  2. Complete the Long-term tenant absence application if you will be absent for 30 days or longer (all year).
  3. Submit your form.
    In person: 410 Jarvis Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or go to the Yukon Housing Corporation Office in your community.
    Government of Yukon
    Yukon Housing Corporation (Y-1)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
  4. We will be in touch to confirm that we've received your form.

For questions about an absence from your social housing unit email or phone 867-667-5759 or toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408.