You can ask for priority consideration for social housing due to a health issue. This means we'll look at your application ahead of others.
You can request priority consideration for social housing if you:
- have already applied for social housing;
- have a health condition that is, or is expected to be, prolonged; or
- are mobility-challenged and unable to use stairs.
Request priority consideration for social housing
- Download the Mobility Challenged Applicant Verification form.
- Fill out Section 1 of the form.
- Have a doctor or a community nurse practitioner complete Section 2 of the form.
- Submit the form.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or go to the Yukon Housing Corporation Office in your community.
Government of Yukon
Yukon Housing Corporation (Y-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- We will review your request and let you know if your request is successful.
For questions about requesting priority consideration for social housing email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.