Change a personal vital statistics record

You can correct or change your vital statistics record. This includes a:

  • marriage certificate;
  • birth certificate;
  • adoption;
  • change of name; and
  • change of sex on birth registration.

How much does it cost?

Contact us to find out about fees.

Update your record

  1. To change your record, email [email protected] or phone 867-667-5207.
  2. Tell them what information you want to update. They'll tell you what supporting documents you may need.
  3. Gather supporting documents. These can include:
    • birth certificate; or
    • early childhood documents.
  4. If you have to complete a statutory declaration, your signature(s) must be witnessed by a person authorized to take oaths. Your local territorial agent office or staff at the Vital Statistics office can do this free of charge.
  5. Drop off supporting documents.
    In person: 4th floor in the Financial Plaza at 204 Lambert Street in Whitehorse. Our office is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday through Friday.
    Mail: Vital statistics (H-2); Health & Social Services, Government of Yukon; Box 2703; Whitehorse, Yukon; Y1A 2C6.
  6. Pay the fee. We accept payment:
    • in cash;
    • by Interac;
    • by cheque; or
    • by credit card.

We cannot rush the process for getting your documents, but we can mail them to you by express post for an additional $15.


For information about correcting your records email [email protected] or phone 867-667-5207 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5207.