You can correct or change your vital statistics record. This includes a:
- marriage certificate;
- birth certificate;
- change of name; and
- change of sex on birth registration.
How much does it cost?
Contact us to find out about fees.
Update your record
- To change your record, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5207.
- Tell them what information you want to update. They'll tell you what supporting documents you may need.
- Gather supporting documents. These can include:
- birth certificate; or
- early childhood documents.
- If you have to complete a statutory declaration, your signature(s) must be witnessed by a person authorized to take oaths. Your local territorial agent office or staff at the Vital Statistics office can do this free of charge.
- Drop off supporting documents.
In person: 4th floor in the Financial Plaza at 204 Lambert Street in Whitehorse. Our office is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday through Friday.
Mail: Vital statistics (H-2); Health & Social Services, Government of Yukon; Box 2703; Whitehorse, Yukon; Y1A 2C6.
- Pay the fee. We accept payment:
- in cash;
- by Interac;
- by cheque; or
- by credit card.
We cannot rush the process for getting your documents, but we can mail them to you by express post for an additional $15.
For information about correcting your records email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5207 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5207.