The Yukon Mineral Exploration Program (YMEP) provides part of the risk capital to:
- explore; and
- develop mineral projects to an advanced exploration stage.
For the 2019–20 fiscal year, available funding is $1,400,000.
Hard rock exploration
- Grassroots prospecting.
- Focussed regional.
- Target evaluation.
- Placer module.
The deadline for applications is March 31, each year. If March 31 falls on the weekend, the deadline is the Friday before.
Apply to the Yukon Mineral Exploration Program
- Read the program guide for the type of exploration you are doing:
- Fill out the application form.
- This step is optional. We encourage you to discuss your application or plans with the Yukon Geological Survey before the deadline. Contact our program geologist by email email@example.com or phone 867-456-3828.
- Submit your application to the Yukon Geological Survey. In person: Room 102 in the Elijah Smith Building at 300 Main Street in Whitehorse, Yukon. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Yukon Geological Survey (K-102)
- Our geologists will:
- review your application; and
- assign a score using the evaluation criteria found in Appendix A of the relevant guidebook.
We can send you your scores if you request.
When will I find out about my application
All applicants will receive an email by May 15 with a list of the successful candidates. If you're unsuccessful and wish to appeal, contact our program geologist by June 30. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-456-3828.
How do I claim my expenses
View the successful candidates for 2019
Download a list of successful applicants and projects.