The Yukon Mineral Exploration Program (YMEP) provides part of the risk capital to:
- explore; and
- develop mineral projects to an advanced exploration stage.
Hard rock exploration
- Grassroots prospecting.
- Focussed regional.
- Target evaluation.
- Placer module.
The application submission deadline is March 31, 2021.
Apply to the Yukon Mineral Exploration Program
- Read the program guide for the type of exploration you are doing:
- Guidebooks will be available February 15, 2021
- Third party equipment rentals
- Fill out the application form - available February 15, 2021.
- This step is optional. We encourage you to discuss your application or plans with the Yukon Geological Survey before the deadline. Contact our program geologist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-456-3828.
- Submit your application to the Yukon Geological Survey.
- Our geologists will:
- review your application; and
- assign a score using the evaluation criteria found in Appendix A of the relevant guidebook.
We can send you your scores if you request.
When will I find out about my application
Applicants will receive an email by May 15 with a list of the successful candidates. If you're unsuccessful and wish to appeal, contact our program geologist by June 30. Email us at email@example.com or phone 867-456-3828.
How do I claim my expenses
View the successful candidates for 2020
Download a list of successful applicants and projects.