Invoice the Government of Yukon

The Government of Yukon pays invoices from:

  • individuals;
  • private companies;
  • corporations;
  • organizations; and
  • other levels of government.

Does the Government of Yukon pay GST or HST?

The government is exempt from GST or HST. To learn more, read section 5 of the Canada-Yukon Reciprocal Taxation Agreement.

How to submit your invoice?

  1. Create an invoice. Remember to include:
  • the amount owed;
  • the date of the invoice;
  • details of the goods supplied or services rendered;
  • your contact information;
  • the name of the program, branch or department you are invoicing; and
  • the invoice number.
  1. Submit the invoice to the right department:
  • in person;
  • email;
  • fax; or
  • mail.

Follow up on an invoice

Contact the department you sent the invoice to.

Sign up for direct deposit

Cheques can be directly deposited into your bank account. Sign up for direct deposit.

When is a government cheque issued?

30 days from either:

  • the date the invoice was received; or
  • the service or goods were provided (whichever was later).

Cheques are:

  • produced and distributed every day; and
  • valid for 6 months from the date issued.

After 6 months the cheque is 'stale-dated.' You will need to apply for a replacement cheque.

Follow up on a cheque

  • Contact the department you sent the invoice to.
  • If the department has already processed your invoice, contact us using the information provided below.

Apply for a replacement cheque

If you find an old cheque, a replacement may be issued.

What you need to do

  • Return the original cheque; or
  • Complete a statutory declaration and have it notarized.

How to get a replacement cheque

  1. Contact us to confirm your eligibility.
  2. Submit the original cheque or a notarized statutory declaration.
    In person: Inquiry and cash desk, 2071 Second Avenue, Whitehorse. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Find our location on a map.
    Government of Yukon
    Department of Finance (B-1)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Y1A 2C6



If you have questions email:, phone: 867-667-5894, or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5894.