The Yukon Venture Loan Guarantee Program is a partnership between the Government of Yukon and participating financial institutions. This program encourages commercial lenders to invest in local businesses by guaranteeing a portion of the loan.
- New business start-ups; or
- Expansions of businesses in Yukon that have less than $5 million in gross revenue and less than 100 employees.
- Eligible businesses must be registered in Yukon and pay Yukon corporate taxes.
How much can I borrow?
- Minimum guarantee: $10,000
- Maximum guarantee: $100,000
- Guarantee level is 65% of a venture loan, principal only, and based on the net loss of the venture loan. For example, a loan guarantee for $65,000 would support a $100,000 loan.
- There is a one-time fee of 1.5% of the guarantee amount, payable when the guarantee is issued.
What is the repayment term?
The repayment term is a maximum of 6 years.
How do I apply?
- Find out if your project qualifies. Email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5633 or toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5633.
- Visit a participating financial institution for more information and to apply.
- Submit your application to the financial institution.
This program is delivered by participating financial institutions.