The Community Development Fund (CDF) provides funding for projects, events and initiatives that provide long-term, sustainable economic and social benefits to Yukon communities.
- Registered non-profit societies.
- Not-for-profit corporations incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act based in Yukon.
- Charitable organizations.
- Municipal and First Nations governments.
- First Nation development corporations undertaking community-level initiatives.
Eligible projects and events
- New construction projects.
- Renovations, restorations and other physical improvements to buildings or lands.
- Knowledge or skill development.
- Research and planning.
- Programs and events.
Project and event criteria
- Create economic benefits such as generating local spending, creating employment opportunities or building infrastructure.
- Bring new money into Yukon from outside sources.
- Develop skills, knowledge and experience.
- Create social benefits such as strengthening social and community networks, building partnerships and facilitating community involvement.
- Support the community’s long-term well-being.
- Have measurable social, cultural and economic benefits for Yukon residents and communities.
Past funding recipients:
Funding is available for up to 90% of the total project or event costs:
- Tier 1: $20,000 or less.
- Tier 2: $20,001 to $75,000.
- Tier 3: over $75,000.
4:30 p.m. on the day of the deadline. If this falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline moves to 4:30 p.m. on the next business day.
- Tier 1: January 15, May 15, July 15 and October 15.
- Tier 2: April 15 and September 15.
- Tier 3: January 15.
How to apply for funding
- Contact a Community Development Fund advisor to find out if your project/event is eligible.
- Complete the application.
- Submit your application before the deadline.
In person: 303 Alexander Street, 2nd floor, Whitehorse
Open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Community Development Fund (F-1)
If you have questions about applying for funding for your community project email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8125 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8125.