School calendars are different for every school. Special events like parent-teacher interviews can affect when students are in school. Rural school calendars reflect the unique needs of their communities. Check with your school for daily schedules.
2019-20 key dates for Whitehorse schools
- August 21, 2019: First day of school
- December 23, 2019 to January 3, 2020: Christmas break
- March 16 to March 27, 2020: March break
- April 10 to April 13, 2020: Easter weekend. There are no classes on Friday or Monday.
- June 11 or 12, 2020: Last day of school.
2020-21 key dates for Whitehorse schools
- August 19, 2020: First day of school
- December 21, 2020 to January 1, 2021: Christmas break
- March 15 to March 26, 2021: March break
- April 2 to April 5, 2021: Easter weekend. There are no classes on Friday or Monday.
- June 10 or 11, 2021: Last day of school.
Future key dates for all Yukon schools
Key dates for Yukon schools for the 2021–22 and 2022–23 school years are also available.
Key dates for the 2023-24 school year will be made available in the coming weeks.
Future school calendar key dates are approved early in the year they come into effect. School communities will have the opportunity to revise these identified before the start of these school years.
Rural schools follow different school calendars than schools in Whitehorse. Each rural community in Yukon has a unique set of needs that need to be carefully considered when establishing school calendar dates.
The first and last days of the school year may differ from school to school. Some schools take a one-week, rather than a two-week, spring break. Important dates for each school are identified in the school calendar synopsis.
For questions, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5127, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5127. You can also contact your school directly.