The purpose of the school-growth process is to improve the success of each Yukon learner.
This process is based on the school-growth planning policy and is a public commitment to action focusing on:
- using principles of inquiry;
- the use of evidence to guide decisions and actions;
- collaboration and respect for the social and cultural diversity of Yukon; and
- nurturing positive relationships with Yukon First Nations.
How the school-growth process works
The school-growth process has 3 parts:
- Annual school growth planning.
- Evidence-based conversations at each school throughout the year.
- School reviews conducted with each school and its community every 3 years.
School staff, school councils, parents, Yukon First Nations, Elders and students are involved in:
- determining appropriate actions to achieve goals; and
- monitoring progress.
Contact your child's school for more information on its school-growth program.