Return to classes in Yukon schools

We are planning for Kindergarten to Grade 12 students to return to classes in school at the start of the 202021 school year. For more information, visit Planning for the 2020–21 school year.

Learn about accommodation for rural high school students in Whitehorse

Students who move to Whitehorse from a Yukon community to complete secondary school have 2 options for support:

Gadzoosdaa Student Residence

Learn more about life at Gadzoosdaa.


$150 per month.

Apply to live at Gadzoosdaa

  1. Complete the application form, including:
    • Gadzoosdaa application pages 1 through 6.
    • Fair Notice Letter.
    • Weekend Expectations.
    • Complex Trip Consent (ongoing Mount Sima).
    • Complex Trip Consent (ongoing Day Trip Hiking).
  2. Have a $150 damage deposit ready.
  3. Submit all the documents and damage deposit by mail or in person to:
    Gadzoosdaa Student Residence
    15 Selkirk Street,
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 3J5

Apply for a Student Boarding Allowance

The allowance is for students who live:

  • in a temporary private residence with a parent or legal guardian in Whitehorse; and
  • during the school term (from September to June).

How to apply

  1. Print and fill the Student boarding allowance - application form.
  2. Submit your completed form:
    In person: Education Building (entrance to parking on Hospital Road), 1000 Lewes Boulevard in Whitehorse. We’re open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Fax: 867-393-6339
    Government of Yukon
    Public Schools (E-1)
    Box 2703,
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6



If you have questions, email or phone: 867-667-5127 toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5127.