The Touring Artist Fund (TAF) is for professional Yukon artists and performers. Every year we have $100,000 for touring outside of the Yukon. This fund is open to all artistic practices.
- Yukon artists, ensembles, or artistic companies who create, produce or interpret art in theatre, dance, music, visual art, film, storytelling or a combination of art forms.
- You must have lived in the Yukon for 1 continuous year before applying.
- Ensembles must have a history of performing together.
The eligibility criteria have been temporarily modified. As of June 15, 2020, eligible projects include touring within the Yukon.
We give priority to the tours that occur outside the territory.
- have a firm invitation from a venue, resulting from a professional selection process. This can be things like merit-based selection by jury, curator or artistic committee;
- tour outside of the Yukon, within the Yukon;
- have more than 1 event on the tour; and
- present your art to the public.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8789 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8789.
The deadline to apply is 4:30 pm on:
- March 15
- June 15
- September 15
- December 15
Applications must be postmarked on or before the day of the deadline. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, it moves to the next business day.
Apply to the Touring Artist Fund
We recommend you contact an arts advisor to discuss your proposed tour well before you apply. Email email@example.com or phone 867-667-8789 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8789.
- Download the application and guidelines.
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents.
In person: 100 Hanson Street, Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. On the day of the deadline, there will be a drop box for applications inside our doors.
Government of Yukon
Arts Fund (L-3)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- The Yukon Arts Advisory Council reviews applications and makes funding recommendations to the Minister of Tourism and Culture for approval. We notify applicants of the results within 8 weeks of the application deadline.
Funding availability and eligible expenses
Applicants may receive up to $10,000 towards eligible expenses. This includes:
- Travel, accommodation and per diems;
- fees for other artists (but not the applicant);
- visas and permits;
- cargo and crating;
- equipment rental;
- tour promotion and marketing; and
- expenses related to preparing for the tour. This can include things like framing, video transfers, music copying and rehearsing.
See who received the Touring Artist Fund from 2008 to present.