What is Culture Quest?
Culture Quest supports performing, visual and literary artists from the Yukon to a maximum of $10,000 per applicant per fiscal year (April 1 through March 31).
The fund supports:
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit expression of art in relation to cultural practices;
- continued growth and development of creation, performance or presenting capacity in the cultural sector;
- opportunities for artists to create projects that explore and develop ties between contemporary art and their cultural heritage or history; and
- artists from the Yukon to prepare their work for the national or international stage.
Eligible applicants are Yukon-based:
- businesses; and
- residents (a person who has lived in the Yukon for a minimum of 1 year).
Who cannot apply?
Ineligible applicants are:
- a person under the age of 16;
- organizations that receive Arts Operating Funds, unless the proposed project explores significantly new approaches or activities;
- applicants who have outstanding reports for any previous Yukon government arts funding; and
- applicants whose submission to this program is incomplete.
Apply to Culture Quest
Before you apply, download the application form and guidelines. Make sure that your project and you or your group are eligible.
- We recommend you contact an arts advisor to discuss your project. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the application form and prepare any supporting materials.
- Submit your completed application.
How to contact an arts advisor or submit your application:
In person: 100 Hanson Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Phone: 867-667-3535 or 867-667-8789 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8789.
Government of Yukon
Arts Fund (L-3)
Funding decision process
A selection committee made up of cultural professionals from various communities reviews each application. They have a wide range of experience in the arts, heritage, and cultural traditions and practices.
We'll notify you of the results in writing within 8 weeks.
There are 3 intakes per year:
- January 15
- April 15
- September 15
Submit your completed application before 4:30 the day of the deadline. If the date is on a weekend or holiday, the deadline moves to 4:30 p.m. on the next business day.