Get involved in education
We encourage you to share your feedback on how we can improve Yukon schools:
- through your school council; or
- with the Department of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Advisory Committee for Yukon Education
This committee was formed in January 2016. Together, we’re looking at:
- what’s working;
- what’s not working; and
- how we can improve Yukon’s schools and education system.
Work of the committee
The committee discusses and addresses education challenges and ways to support Yukon learners.
The committee has:
- reviewed past reports and recommendations about education in Yukon and identified;
- key themes; and
- explored curriculum from across Canada and recommended Yukon use BC’s new curriculum with additional Yukon and Yukon First Nations content and perspectives; and
- provided feedback and suggestions on:
- Yukon’s curriculum redesign;
- the proposed student assessment changes;
- the draft of the cultural inclusion standards, in-service and training for Yukon educators;
- Yukon school calendars;
- school review and growth planning processes; and
- public engagement strategies.
Members of the committee include representatives from our partners:
- Yukon educators;
- Association of Yukon School Administrators (AYSA);
- Commission scolaire francophone du Yukon (CSFY);
- First Nations Education Commission;
- Council of Yukon First Nations;
- school councils;
- Vanier Catholic Secondary School Council, Catholic Education Association of Yukon (CEAY);
- Association of Yukon School Councils, Boards and Committees (AYSCBC);
- Yukon Teachers' Association; and
- Yukon College.
The key documents from the Advisory Committee for Yukon Education are listed below. It includes minutes from meetings and from its earlier work as the:
- New Vision Steering Committee; and
- Curriculum Redesign Advisory Committee.
View the latest meeting minutes
Meeting minutes October 30, 2019
Meeting minutes November 29, 2018
Meeting minutes September 20, 2018
Meeting minutes May 10, 2017
Meeting minutes December 6, 2016
Meeting minutes November 8, 2016
Meeting minutes January 17, 2016
For questions, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5141 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5141.