The Advanced Artist Award is for Yukon artists who have attained a senior level of practice to create, train and further develop their artistic skills.
- Only individuals may apply.
- You must have lived in Yukon for 1 continuous year before applying.
- You must be an advanced artist. This means you are someone who:
- has specialized skills or training in an arts practice (can be self-taught);
- has a significant body of works which have been publicly exhibited, presented, performed or published;
- has the respect of their peers in the same discipline;
- demonstrates commitment to your practice; and
- has a history of public presentation or exhibition.
The annual budget for the Advanced Artist Award is $150,000. We award up to $75,000 at each intake. The budget is funded by Lotteries Yukon and is administered by the Arts Section.
- 'A' level artists may receive up to $10,000.
- 'B' level artists may receive up to $5,000.
'A' and 'B' level artists are both advanced. 'A' artists will have a substantial body of work and significant impact locally and nationally or internationally. 'B' artists are mid-career with a significant body of work and will have acquired some recognition of their talent at the local, territorial or national level. Review the guidelines for more information.
Apply for the award
This award is very competitive. We recommend you contact an arts advisor to discuss your project well ahead of applying. You can email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-8789 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 8789.
- Download the application form and guidelines
- Read our tips for applying
- Consult an arts advisor about your project or application
- Submit your application:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: 100 Hanson Street in Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Advanced Artist Award (L-3)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
A peer jury of other advanced artists will review your funding application. The jury is different every intake. Our staff don't make funding decisions, so they can help in your application process.
- April 1
- October 1
Your application must be in on these dates by 4:30 p.m. PST. If the date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
See who has received the Advanced Artist Award from 2010 to present.