The Whitehorse Correctional Centre has a panel of independent hearing adjudicators for inmate disciplinary matters who:
- hear evidence;
- make decisions; and
- determine accountability.
Hearing adjudicators should have experience or an interest in:
- fair and objective hearings;
- critical thinking and problem-solving to resolve disciplinary situations;
- First Nations culture and issues, including the inter-generational impacts of residential school;
- interpreting and applying legislation and policy;
- assessing conflicting verbal and written evidence; and
- making decisions in a stressful environment.
What you need to know before applying
When should you be available?
Hearings are held:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.; and
- as required.
- training; and
- an honorarium.
An RCMP security check is required.
First Nations applicants
We encourage First Nations people to apply.
How do you apply?
To apply, submit an expression of interest and a résumé.
For more information, phone 867-667-3656.