Apply for Rent-Geared-to-Income housing

The Rent-Geared-to-Income program assists Yukoners in need of affordable, suitable and accessible housing. Rent is calculated at 25 per cent of your total gross monthly household (combined) income.

This application is for individuals, families or seniors applying to live in Yukon Housing Corporation housing.


  • You must be a Yukon resident and have lived in the territory for 12 months straight before applying. 
  • You must be a low-income individual, family or senior citizen who cannot obtain affordable and suitable housing on the private market.
  • Your household income must be under current housing income limits thresholds.
  • You must have less than $100,000 in assets. 
  • You must not own a home. 
  • You must be in good standing with the Yukon Housing Corporation.

Apply for Rent-Geared-to-Income housing

  1. Complete the application package.
    Make sure you complete the priority consideration section of the application if you require immediate housing. If you're referred from the By-Name List, experiencing violence or have a medical reason that prioritizes you for social housing, you will also need to fill out the Support Plan Template so that we can ensure we can accommodate your needs throughout your tenancy.
  2. Provide identification.
    • 19 years of age and older: You need 1 piece of government-issued photo ID.
      Under 19 years of age: You need 1 piece of government-issued  ID.
    • Include your Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada if you are over 19 years of age.
  3. Submit your complete application package:
    By mail to:
    410 Jarvis Street
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Y1A 2H5
    You may also submit your package in person to 410 Jarvis Street in Whitehorse or your local Community Housing office. Our Whitehorse office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
    You may also fax your application to 867-393-7597.
  4. Your application will be assessed based on your needs and the availability of housing units.

Find social housing rules and policies


For any difficulty in applying for social housing email or phone 867-667-5759. Phone toll-free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5759.