We're reviewing the Yukon Sound Recording Program to better meet the needs of Yukon musicians.
About the program
The Yukon Sound Recording Program for professional demo sound-recordings helps professional musicians, and owners of recording studios and recording labels, develop their careers and businesses. The fund provides 50 per cent of eligible expenses up to $2,000. The maximum Government of Yukon contribution from all sources is 75 per cent.
Who can apply
You must reside in Yukon and:
- be a sound-recording artist; or
- own a sound-recording studio in the territory; or
- own a sound-recording label in the territory; and
- your recording must be 2 songs or 5 minutes long.
Recording with artists from outside Yukon
- Artists have to show that at least 50 per cent of the members of either their duo or group reside in Yukon.
- A studio or a label owner must show that their project will develop the sound-recording industry in the territory.
How much funding is available?
Our contribution will be up to 50 per cent of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $2,000. The maximum Government of Yukon contribution from all sources is 75 per cent.
How to apply
We are not currently accepting applications for this program.
If you have questions about the Yukon Sound Recording Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 867-667-5400 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 extension 5400.