The Yukon Mineral Exploration Program (YMEP) provides part of the risk capital to:
- explore; and
- develop mineral projects to an advanced exploration stage.
- Grassroots prospecting
- Focussed regional
- Target evaluation
- Placer module
The application submission deadline is March 31st annually.
Apply to the Yukon Mineral Exploration Program
- Read the program guide for the type of exploration you are doing.
- Fill out the application form.
- Submit your application to the Yukon Geological Survey by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to discuss your application or plans with the Yukon Geological Survey before the deadline. Contact us by phone: 867-456-3828 or email: email@example.com
Our geologists will:
- review your application; and
- assign a score using the evaluation criteria found in Appendix A of the relevant guidebook.
We can send you your scores if you request.
For questions about the program, contact Karen MacFarlane by phone: 867-456-3828 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When will I find out about my application?
Applicants will receive an email by May 15 with a list of the successful candidates. If you're unsuccessful and wish to appeal, contact us by June 30. Email us at email@example.com or phone 867-456-3828.
If you’re a successful applicant, there are certain conditions for receiving funding. These conditions include submitting a:
- status report;
- expense claim;
- summary report; and
- final report.
Refer to the relevant guidebook for more details on the conditions of funding.
How do I submit a status report?
- Fill out the status report form.
- Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 30 of the current year.
How do I claim my expenses?
- Fill out the expense claims report.
- Email the form to email@example.com.
You can submit expense claim forms at any time. You can also submit multiple expense claims reports at once.
How do I submit the final submission form?
- Fill out the final submission form.
- Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 31 of the current year.
How do I submit the final report?
- Open the Yukon Geological Survey’s secure FTP site.
- Enter your email address in the “From” box.
- Type the name of the project report you’re submitting in the subject line.
- Use the “Add Files” button at the bottom left of the page to attach your data files. The maximum total size of files for transfer is 10 gigabytes, preferably in zipped (.zip) format. If your files are larger, contact the minerals group by emailing email@example.com or phoning 867-456-3828
- Include in spreadsheet form all digital data files with sample location coordinates for:
- geophysical surveys;
- LIDAR data;
- high-resolution UAV imagery; and
- geochemical data.
- The Yukon Geological Survey will receive a notification once your report information is uploaded to the FTP site. You’ll be sent a confirmation email that we received your data.
View the successful candidates for 2023
Find the list of successful applicants and projects for the 2023 season.