The Yukon Sound Recording Program for professional demo sound-recordings helps professional musicians, and owners of recording studios and recording labels, develop their careers and businesses by providing funding for 50% of eligible expenses up to $2,000. The maximum Government of Yukon contribution from all sources is 75%.
Who can apply
You must reside in Yukon and:
- be a sound-recording artist; or
- own a sound-recording studio in the territory; or
- own a sound-recording label in the territory; and
- your recording must be 2 songs or 5 minutes long.
Recording with artists from outside Yukon
- Artists have to show that at least 50% of the members of either their duo or group reside in Yukon.
- A studio or a label owner must show that their project will develop the sound-recording industry in the territory.
- May 1
- November 1
How to apply
- Complete the application.
- Submit the application.
In person: 2nd floor, 303 Alexander Street in Whitehorse, Yukon. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are closed on all statutory holidays.
Government of Yukon
Yukon Media Development (F-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
You can learn more about the program by reading the Yukon Sound Recording Program policy.