The Regional Economic Development Fund (REDF) provides funding for economic planning, opportunity identification and capacity development at the regional and community level in Yukon.
Regional Economic Development advisors will help you develop your proposal, give advice on the scope of your project and identify project partners or alternative funding sources.
- We provide up to $50,000 for each project.
- You must provide at least 15% of the total proposal costs.
- The total contribution from all Government of Yukon funding sources must not be more than 75% of your total project costs.
- Municipal and First Nation governments;
- Local governing bodies;
- Yukon First Nation development corporations;
- Community associations; and
- Yukon businesses (registered with Corporate Affairs) or business-related organizations.
Examples of eligible activities
- Help developing regional economic development plans.
- Participation in regional economic development planning processes.
- Opportunity identification.
- Related research.
- Needs assessments.
- Training plans.
- Corporate organizational capacity training (for corporate businesses and economic development organizations).
Ineligible project costs
- Administration costs for governments and large organizations.
- Leasehold improvements.
- Operations and maintenance.
- Purchase of capital assets.
Proposals may be submitted throughout the year.
How to submit your proposal
1. Contact Regional Economic Development to find out if your project is eligible. Email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5633 or toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5633.
2. Develop your project proposal with our guidance. We will need your:
- project description;
- project budget; and
- funding sources
3. Your Regional Economic Development advisor will assess your completed proposal and submit it for a decision.