The Performing Musicians Fund supports activities that help Yukon musicians build sustainable careers in the music industry.
Who can apply?
Yukon resident musicians can apply as an individual or as a business.
At least 50 per cent of the members of a duo or group must be Yukon residents to be eligible.
You can apply for funding as:
- an emerging musician who has limited performance experience; or
- an established musician who has:
- significant performance experience outside of the Yukon;
- a track record of successfully promoting commercially released music outside of the Yukon; and
- a consistent income from musician activities.
How much funding is available?
You can receive up to 75 per cent of your cash expenses up to a maximum of:
- $10,000 per fiscal year for emerging musician activities; and
- $30,000 per fiscal year for established musician activities.
The total funding you receive from the Government of Yukon cannot exceed 75 per cent of your activity’s total cash costs.
What activities are eligible?
This program provides funding for:
- activities that help musicians refine their skills, including:
- preproduction activities; and
- professional sound recording activities that help musicians with:
- sound recordings intended for commercial release;
- applying to showcases; and
- marketing activities for newly-released music.
What activities are not eligible?
Costs not eligible for funding are:
- costs you incur before we approve your funding application;
- capital costs, including purchasing:
- promotional merchandise you intend to sell; and
- donated services;
- in-kind services;
- costs not directly related to your activity (for example, cancellation fees, childcare and subsistence);
- operations and maintenance costs (for example, subscription renewal fees, website maintenance and business cards);
- vehicle operations and maintenance costs (for example, tires, oil, parking, driving fines and insurance);
- per diems;
- GST, provincial or territorial tax and harmonized sales tax; and
- home concerts.
Before you apply
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form.
- Submit the application and all required documentation, including the Yukon residency declaration.
In person: Alexander Street, 2nd floor, in Whitehorse
Our office is open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Email: email@example.com (only if your files are under 10 MB in total)
Government of Yukon
Media Development (F-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
If you have questions about the Performing Musicians Fund email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5400 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5400.