$1,000 is awarded annually to 1 student.
- Grade 12 student from Yukon entering the 1st year of post-secondary;
- attending an eligible institution in the academic year immediately following high school graduation for a minimum:
- 1-year program; or
- 20-week long program.
- be a parent; and
- not be a recipient of another major scholarship of $3,000 or more.
October 30 for the following academic year.
What are the selection criteria?
We give preference to a graduate who has:
- participated in the Teen Parent Centre program; and
- completed the major part of their schooling in Yukon's educational system.
We’ll take into consideration:
- financial needs; and
- academic achievement.
How to apply
- Prepare your application. You'll need:
- your name;
- your address;
- the date you attended the Teen Parent Centre; and
- the program and institution you are applying to or are enrolled at.
- Submit the information. Email: email@example.com
When will you find out about your application?
Applications are reviewed by November 1. Successful applicants will be notified by December 1. If you’re the successful applicant, we'll send you a letter of confirmation.
The Teen Parent Centre reserves the right to pay the scholarship in 2 payments of $500. Payment will be made after the fall and winter semesters.
We’ll mail a cheque to your mailing address.
Report your bursary on your tax return
You must report the Teen Parent Centre scholarship you received on your tax return. We’ll send a T4A to the permanent address you provide in your application.
If you have not received a T4A for the previous year by February 28, phone 867-667-3555.
Wondering how your T4A income will affect your tax return?
Contact the Canada Revenue Agency.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-3421.