The Working UP program can help you:
- take the next steps toward your work or learning goals;
- improve literacy and essential skills;
- increase your workplace skills and experience, including apprenticeship;
- get workplace or learning support; and
- explore options for self-employment.
You can apply for Working UP funding if you’re:
- 16 years or older;
- out of the public school system; and
- legally entitled to work in Canada and expect to remain so.
You cannot be "self-sufficient" in the labour market. This means you cannot get and keep employment that meets your:
- basic needs; and
- the needs of your dependents.
A case manager will assist you to develop an application that shows this.
Apply before you commit to your activity. For example, if you’re applying to go to school send us your application before you apply to the school.
How Working UP funding decisions are made
We base approval for funding on matching our priorities to your specific needs. We consider your situation and needs, along with the needs of communities and Yukon’s labour market.
What costs may be funded?
You may receive funding for:
- tuition and textbooks;
- financial support for your personal needs such as childcare;
- living supports while in training;
- training-related costs such as travel and local transportation;
- supports if you have a disability; and
- a set amount of financial support for apprenticeship training.
How to apply
To start the process, speak with a case manager. They’ll help you create a plan and apply to the program. There’s no cost for this service.
If you’re an apprentice
Phone an apprenticeship-training consultant: 867-667-5140.
If you’re a Yukon First Nations citizen
- Contact one of the organizations below.
- Talk with your First Nation as they may offer you extra services.
Find a Working UP case manager
All Yukon residents
Dawson City area residents
If you're on social assistance or have a disability
First Nations citizens
If you have questions or need help finding a case manager, phone 867-667-5906, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5906 or email email@example.com.