Apply for a scholarship for your first year of university


The Canadian Army Yukon Scholarship is awarded based on a student's marks. The recipient must be a:

  • grade 12 student from Yukon entering their 1st year of post-secondary; and
  • attending an eligible institution in the academic year immediately following graduation.


$100 is awarded annually to 1 student.


September 30  for the following school year.

How to apply

Online application

Student Financial Assistance Portal is offline for updating

Your studies start before August 1, 2023

Email the Student Financial Assistance Office to complete your application.

Your studies start after August 1, 2023

Apply for funding when the portal reopens in July.  Your funding will not be delayed

Paper application

  1. Download or pick up from our office the mandatory forms:
  2. Provide your final high school transcript, which will include your marks for grade 12.
  3. Submit the completed forms.

How to submit your application

In person: Education Building (entrance to parking on Hospital Road), 1000 Lewes Boulevard in Whitehorse. We’re open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fax: 867-667-8555
Government of Yukon
Student Financial Assistance (E-13)
Box 2703,
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

When will you find out about your application?

Applications will be reviewed in the fall. Successful applicants will be notified by December. If you’re a successful applicant, we'll send you a letter indicating how much you'll receive to:

  • you; and
  • the post-secondary institution you are attending.

We’ll then mail a cheque in your name to the financial aid office of the institution you’re attending.

Online applications

Student Financial Assistance Portal is offline for updating

Paper applications

You can follow up with Student Financial Assistance. Email or phone 867-667-5929, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5929.

Report your scholarship on your tax return

You must report the Canadian Army Yukon Scholarship you received on your tax return. We’ll send a T4A to the permanent address you provide in your application.

If you have not received a T4A for the previous year by February 28, phone 867-667-3555.

Wondering how your T4A income will affect your tax return?
Contact the Canada Revenue Agency.


If you have questions, email or phone 867-667-5929, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5929.