- The Performing Musicians Fund supports the growth of Yukon musicians. Our goal is to increase the number of established musicians who earn most of their income from music.
- We’ve increased the annual budget of the program by $250,000. The old budget was $50,000 and the new budget is $300,000.
- Members of the music industry gave us input during public engagements. The changes we made to the fund include their feedback.
- The music industry asked us to include business guidelines so we did. The process of how we administer the program is now more transparent, from when people apply to when they give us their final report.
- The new fund increases the range of eligible activities to include:
- electronic press kits (EPKs);
- music videos;
- marketing activities; and
- sound recordings.
About the fund
The Performing Musicians Fund can provide you with funding for up to 75 per cent of the costs of:
- programming that helps you refine your skills;
- professional sound recording activities; and
- marketing for newly-released music.
If you’re an emerging musician who has limited performing experience, you can apply for up to $10,000 a year towards these activities.
If you’re an established musician, you can apply for up to $30,000 a year towards these activities. Established musicians have:
- significant performance experience outside of the Yukon;
- a track record of successfully promoting commercially released music outside of the Yukon; and
- a consistent income from musician activities.