Information current

August 4, 2020

We're in Phase 3 of lifting COVID-19 restrictions. Watch the latest video update.

For non-medical questions, email or phone 1-877-374-0425.

For medical questions or if you feel ill, phone 811, or launch the COVID-19 self-assessment tool.

Notice to miners arriving in Yukon for work

Download the notice. 

Who does not need to self-isolate when they arrive in Yukon?

Now that Yukon has entered Phase 2 of its reopening plan, mine workers do not need to self-isolate upon arrival if they live in:

  • British Columbia;
  • the Northwest Territories; or
  • Nunavut.

Residents of those jurisdictions must provide proof of residency. Mine workers from those jurisdictions will have to self-isolate if in the previous 14 days they travelled outside of British Columbia, Northwest Territories or Nunavut.

Find information on border restrictions during COVID-19.

Self-isolation is required for residents from other parts of Canada

People arriving in Yukon from other parts of Canada except for British Columbia, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut must self-isolate for 14 days. This includes all workers arriving in Yukon who are working at a:

  • placer or hard rock mine;
  • exploration camp; or
  • any other business or duty associated with the mining and exploration industry.

Upon entering Yukon, every person must present a signed declaration to an enforcement officer. This provides information on where the person will be self-isolating and their travel plans within Yukon.

How to self-isolate

Find information about self-isolation.

If you have a home in Yukon and have come from a place other than British Columbia, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut, you must go directly to that home or another suitable safe place to self-isolate for 14 days. We may direct you where to go.

The 14 days begins when you arrive at your place of isolation.

You can self-isolate at your home on a placer mining claim or in a work camp if:

  • you're not a resident of Yukon and you’ve spent the last 14 consecutive days within Canada;
  • the home is a single residential unit used to house 1 family;
  • the home is the only housing unit at that claim or camp;
  • all of the people self-isolating in the home are related by blood, spousal relationship or adoption; and
  • you’re bringing with you into Yukon, or have already made arrangements to have delivered to your home, supplies sufficient to last for 14 days without replenishment for everyone self-isolating in the home.

If you do not meet the requirements above and cannot self-isolate, email us for information and advice for self-isolating workers. 

Email: Our staff will phone you back to talk about a solution.

You or your organization may be eligible to apply for approval of an alternative self-isolation plan. For more information and to submit an application visit the alternative self isolation plan webpage

International miners

If you're entering Canada to work your claims, you can contact the Mineral Resources Branch at and request a:

  • formal claim status report: and
  • a support letter for essential working for Canadian border crossing.  

Symptoms of COVID-19

Find out about symptoms of COVID-19.

If you're experiencing these symptoms

Phone: 811

Stay informed

Get the most up to date COVID-19 information.


If you have questions relating to your mining operations and this requirement, email