Self-isolation is required for all people arriving in Yukon
People arriving in Yukon must self-isolate for 14 days. This includes all workers arriving in Yukon who are working at a:
- placer or hard rock mine;
- exploration camp; or
- any other business or duty associated with the mining and exploration industry.
Upon entering Yukon, every person must present a signed declaration to an enforcement officer. This provides information on where the person will be self-isolating and their travel plans within Yukon.
How to self-isolate
If you have a home in Yukon, you must go directly to that home or another suitable safe place to self-isolate for 14 days. We may direct you where to go.
The 14 days begins when you arrive at your place of isolation.
You can self-isolate at your home on a placer mining claim or in a work camp if:
- you're not a resident of Yukon and you’ve spent the last 14 consecutive days within Canada;
- the home is a single residential unit used to house 1 family;
- the home is the only housing unit at that claim or camp;
- all of the people self-isolating in the home are related by blood, spousal relationship or adoption; and
- you’re bringing with you into Yukon, or have already made arrangements to have delivered to your home, supplies sufficient to last for 14 days without replenishment for everyone self-isolating in the home.
If you do not meet the requirements above and cannot self-isolate, email us for information and advice for self-isolating workers.
Email: email@example.com. Our staff will phone you back to talk about a solution.
You or your organization may be eligible to apply for approval of an alternative self-isolation plan. For more information and to submit an application visit the alternative self isolation plan webpage.
If you're entering Canada to work your claims, you can contact the Mineral Resources Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a:
- formal claim status report; and
- a support letter for essential working for Canadian border crossing.
Symptoms of COVID-19
If you're experiencing these symptoms
Get the most up to date COVID-19 information.
If you have questions relating to your mining operations and this requirement, email email@example.com.