You can now submit quartz mineral and placer assessment reports:
- online via our FTP site;
- by mail; or
- in person.
What to include in your assessment report
Review the checklist to ensure you have included the required information.
Submit a report
- Open our secure FTP site.
- Enter your email address in the FROM box.
- In the subject line, type the name of the property report you are submitting. You can leave this field blank.
- Use the “Add Files” button at the bottom left of the page to attach your data files. The maximum total size of files for transfer is 10 GB, preferably in zipped format. If your file is larger, contact our minerals group at email@example.com or 867-667-8192
- Include all digital data files for geophysical surveys, LIDAR data, high-resolution UAV imagery and geochemical data in spreadsheet form with sample location coordinates.
- We are notified once your report information is uploaded to the FTP site. You will be sent a confirmation email that we received your data.
Government of Yukon
Yukon Geological Survey (K-102)
Room 102 in the Elijah Smith Building at 300 Main Street in Whitehorse, Yukon. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
After you submit your report
After you submit your report and data, we download and review it. We may ask you to provide more information or digital data to:
- fulfil legal requirements; or
- assist with our data compilation work.
The footprint and metadata from your report will be available online immediately. The full report will remain confidential for 5 years.
Contact our minerals group if you have any questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8192.
View submitted reports
You can find information on past assessment reports using the ArcGIS app.