About the Science Strategy
In January 2016, the Government of Yukon released its Science Strategy.
The strategy outlines our vision and goals for developing and managing scientific knowledge in Yukon. The goals of the strategy support good practices in:
- gathering; and
- storing scientific knowledge.
We want science to be easily accessible to support evidence-based decision-making throughout Yukon.
The strategy establishes a long-term approach to developing and investing in science.
Baseline Evaluation of the Science Strategy
In 2018 the Government of Yukon commissioned an independent, Baseline Evaluation of the Government of Yukon Science Strategy. This work was carried out by Qatlyst Research Group (Goss Gilroy).
The report, completed in May 2020:
- is based on the feedback of over 200 respondents who provided input through surveys, interviews and focus groups;
- provides information on how the Government of Yukon:
- does science
- facilitates the advancement of science; and
- applies scientific information to evidence-based decision making.
- highlights many strengths and areas of improvement; and
- provides a baseline against which progress will be measured
A full Science Strategy evaluation is planned to be completed by March 31, 2025.