You can book the mobile abattoir to come to your farm. It provides red meat slaughter and processing services for:
- goats; and
Book your appointment
- Become familiar with the requirements of the mobile abattoir. Read the Mobile Abattoir Procedures Manual.
- Apply to the Agriculture Branch to operate the mobile abattoir on your farm. Download the application form. Repeat users have to apply every year.
- Submit the form as early as possible in the farming season (application, approvals and scheduling can take up to 1 month).
In person: 320-300 Main Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Agriculture Branch (K-320A)
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 2C6
- Book your appointment with the mobile abattoir operator.
Tum Tum’s Black Guilt Meats
- Prepare the site for the mobile abattoir. You will need to:
- prepare a flat area where the mobile abattoir can park;
- have potable water (if required);
- be prepared to slaughter your animals; and
- prepare a waste-disposal site.
More details on what is required are in the Mobile Abattoir Procedures Manual.
The mobile abattoir is also available to deliver your animals to a processing facility after they're slaughtered. This maintains the inspection chain for processing if the animal's meat has not been sold yet. The unit can transport up to:
- 8 bison, beef cattle or elk;
- 15 hogs; or
- 20 smaller animals such as sheep or goats.