The Agriculture Business Program provides funding for you to hire consultant services to:
- develop a business plan;
- examine financial situations;
- discuss business objectives; and
- determine current options in meeting profit goals or succession plans.
Funding supports a variety of activities.
- Consultant fees and travel expenses for a qualified consultant to provide:
- business planning; and
- Costs of business software.
- Producer or processor organizations.
- Agricultural nonprofits.
If this is your 1st time applying to the Canadian Agricultural Partnership:
- apply to this fund first to build your farm business plan; then
- use it to apply for other funds which may require a business plan.
Up to $5,000
You have to contribute $100 for every $1,000 of funding you receive.
The program will provide 50% of costs up to a maximum of $20,000 over the life of the program.
Before you apply
We encourage you to get a program manager to review your application. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5838 to set up an appointment.
Apply for funding
- Gather your completed documents.
- Submit your application. Applications are generally reviewed once a month. The submission deadline is the 1st Friday of the month.
In person: Room 320 in the Elijah Smith Building at 300 Main Street in Whitehorse. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Agriculture Branch (K-320A)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Find out the decision
Most applications are reviewed by a Project Evaluation Committee that meets once a month. The program manager may review some. We will contact you once a decision has been made. This is usually within 2 weeks of the monthly deadline. If your project is approved, we can explain the next steps at this time or you can find them in the programming guide.
Evaluate your completed project
We will release your final payment once you submit:
- the completed evaluation form;
- an itemized list of expenses; and
- copies of receipts.
If you host an event like a conference or workshop, include feedback from attendees.
We make project results, excluding financial details, available to the public.
Find more agriculture funding programs
This program is 1 of many available under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. See all of our agriculture funds.
About the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a 5-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector. It provides funding to help Yukon’s agriculture industry:
- increase competitiveness, productivity or profitability;
- increase environmental sustainability;
- expand domestic and international markets; and
- improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks.