The Agriculture Business Program provides funding for you to hire consultant services to:
- develop a business plan;
- examine financial situations;
- discuss business objectives; and
- determine current options in meeting profit goals or succession plans.
Examples of eligible activities.
- Consultant fees and travel expenses for a qualified consultant to provide business planning and advice.
- Costs of business software.
- Producer or processor organizations.
- Agricultural non-profits.
If this is your 1st time applying to the Canadian Agricultural Partnership:
- apply to this fund first to build your farm business plan; then
- use it to apply for other funds which may require a business plan.
Up to $5,000
You have to contribute $100 for every $1,000 of funding you receive.
The program will provide 50% of costs up to a maximum of $20,000 over the life of the program.
Apply for funding
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership funding program is now fully subscribed. The funding program intake is now closed and we are not accepting new applications. For questions, contact the Agriculture Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out the decision
Most applications are reviewed by a Project Evaluation Committee that meets once a month. The program manager may review some. We will contact you once a decision has been made. This is usually within 2 weeks of the monthly deadline. If your project is approved, we can explain the next steps at this time or you can find them in the programming guide.
Evaluate your completed project
We will release your final payment once you submit:
- the completed evaluation form;
- an itemized list of expenses; and
- copies of receipts.
If you host an event like a conference or workshop, include feedback from attendees.
We make project results, excluding financial details, available to the public.
Find more agriculture funding programs
This program is 1 of many available under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. See all of our agriculture funds.
About the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a 5-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector. It provides funding to help Yukon’s agriculture industry:
- increase competitiveness, productivity or profitability;
- increase environmental sustainability;
- expand domestic and international markets; and
- improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks.
Approved projects under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership program are funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Yukon.