The Agri-Environmental Support Program funds environmental research on vegetation, soil, feed and water quality in agricultural areas. This includes:
- assessing the best areas to develop agriculture land;
- updating and creating new environmental datasets;
- supporting 3rd-party scientific assessment for projects needing Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Act (YESAA) review or permits; and
- supporting research studies or workshops on the impact of climate change on agriculture.
Examples of eligible activities.
- Field work and associated data collection.
- Scientific assessments by a qualified 3rd party. These assessments are for agri-based projects requiring an assessment under YESAA. They can also be for an agri-based activity requiring a permit, such as a water license for irrigation.
- Irrigation suitability mapping for future agriculture land irrigation. This includes water source options analysis for irrigation.
- Producer organizations.
- Agricultural non-profits.
- 50% if there are in-kind contributions; and
- 60% if there are no in-kind contributions.
Producer: up to 75% of the project costs.
Governments and agricultural non-profits: up to 100% of the project costs.
In general, the Government of Yukon will oversee data collection.
Before you apply
While preparing your application, you can:
- review our project assessment matrix; or
- ask a program manager to review your application.
Email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5838 to set up an appointment.
Apply for funding
- Gather your completed documents.
- Submit your application. Applications are generally reviewed once a month. The submission deadline is the 1st Friday of the month.
In person: Room 320 in the Elijah Smith Building at 300 Main Street in Whitehorse. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Agriculture Branch (K-320A)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Find out the decision
Most applications are reviewed by a Project Evaluation Committee that meets once a month. The program manager may review some. We will contact you once a decision has been made. This is usually within 2 weeks of the monthly deadline. If your project is approved, we can explain the next steps at this time or you can find them in the programming guide.
Evaluate your completed project
We will release your final payment once you submit:
- the completed evaluation form;
- an itemized list of expenses; and
- copies of receipts.
If you host an event like a conference or workshop, submit feedback from attendees.
We make project results, excluding financial details, available to the public.
Find more agriculture funding programs
This program is 1 of many available under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. See all of our agriculture funds.
About the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a 5-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector. It provides funding to help Yukon’s agriculture industry:
- increase competitiveness, productivity or profitability;
- increase environmental sustainability;
- expand domestic and international markets; and
- improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks.
Approved projects under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership program are funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Yukon.