The Market Development Program funds projects that:
- investigate new markets;
- develop new market opportunities; and
- increase industry competitiveness.
Examples of eligible activities.
- Market and promote agri-food.
- Develop and design communication products;
- signs; and
- Develop a market strategy, for example, paying a consultant to do this work.
- Take part in marketing events, including registration fees and travel costs for you or a consultant at events such as:
- Food Ex; and
- Yukon trade shows.
- Farmers’ markets and agritourism ventures where the primary beneficiary is the agriculture sector.
- Local, producer-level food branding initiatives.
- Producer or processor organizations.
- Agricultural non-profits.
Producers, processors and retailers:
- 50% if there are in-kind contributions; and
- 60% if there are no in-kind contributions.
- lifetime program maximum of $100,000
Producer or processor organizations:
- up to 75% of the project costs.
Governments and agricultural non-profits:
- up to 100% of the project costs.
Before you apply
While preparing your application, you can:
- review our project assessment matrix; or
- ask a program manager to review your application.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5838 to set up an appointment.
Apply for funding
- Gather your completed documents.
- Submit your application. Applications are generally reviewed once a month. The submission deadline is the 1st Friday of the month.
In person: Room 320 in the Elijah Smith Building at 300 Main Street in Whitehorse. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Agriculture Branch (K-320A)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Find out the decision
Most applications are reviewed by a Project Evaluation Committee that meets once a month. The program manager may review some. We will contact you once a decision has been made. This is usually within 2 weeks of the monthly deadline. If your project is approved, we can explain the next steps at this time or you can find them in the programming guide.
Evaluate your completed project
We will release your final payment once you submit:
- the completed evaluation form;
- an itemized list of expenses; and
- copies of receipts.
If you host an event like a conference or workshop, include feedback from attendees.
We make project results, excluding financial details, available to the public.
Find more agriculture funding programs
This program is 1 of many available under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. See all of our agriculture funds.
About the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a 5-year, $3-billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector. It provides funding to help Yukon’s agriculture industry:
- increase competitiveness, productivity or profitability;
- increase environmental sustainability;
- expand domestic and international markets; and
- improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks.
Approved projects under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership program are funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Yukon.