File: annual return for a Yukon corporation

  1. When to file your annual return
  2. How to prepare your documents
  3. After we receive your documents and payment

  1. When to file your annual return

    A corporation has to meet the requirements of subsection 267(1) of the Business Corporations Act. This means submitting its annual return by the last day of the month after its incorporation anniversary.

    For example, the incorporation anniversary is June 1, so the corporation must file its return by July 31 that year.

  2. How to prepare your documents

    When it’s time to prepare your annual return, download and complete Form 25 ‒ Annual return of Yukon corporation.

    How to fill out the form

    The information you provide on the form must be legible. Also make sure to complete each section.

    Section 1: Name

    The name must match with name on file. If the corporation has a French name, then the French name must be included on the annual return.

    Section 2: Yukon registry number

    Include the Yukon registry number.

    Section 3: Anniversary date

    Include the incorporation anniversary date. Make sure the month and day are the same as what was issued on the certificate of incorporation.

    Section 4: Address

    Check the appropriate box. If the address of the corporation has changed within the reporting period, you must include Form 3  ‒ Notice of change of address of corporation with the annual return. If it has changed after the anniversary date it's a separate filing.

    Section 5: Directors

    Check the appropriate box. If the directors or the directors' addresses have changed within the reporting period and notice has not been submitted within 30 days of the change then Form 9 ‒ Notice of change of directors and directors’ addresses will need to be included with the annual return.

    Section 6: Shareholder agreements

    Complete this section only if the corporation has no directors.

    Section 7: Shareholder addresses

    Complete this section only if the corporation has no directors.

    Section 8: Name

    Include the name of individual signing.

    Section 9: Title

    Include the title of individual signing.

    Section 10: Signature

    Include the signature of the individual signing.

    Section 11: Date

    Include the date the form was signed.

    You can also submit and pay for your annual return on the Yukon Corporate Online Registry (YCOR).

    Submit your documents and pay your fees

    After the form is completed, submit it along with the fee. The cost of filing an annual return of Yukon corporation is $100.

    How to pay

    You can pay by:

    • cheque
    • credit card;
    • cash; or
    • debit card.


    Provide a cheque in the appropriate amount made out to Government of Yukon.

    Credit card

    We accept Visa, Master Card and American Express payment at the office. If you send your documents by fax, email or mail, provide a phone number where we can reach you. This is so you can give us your credit card information.

    Cash or debit

    Payment in cash or with a debit card can only be made in person at our office: 307 Black Street, 1st floor

    COVID-19 office operations

    Until further notice, because of the COVID-19 safety measures, our office is closed to the public.

    Deliver your documents to us

    We've installed a secure drop box at 307 Black Street, 1st floor. Copies of the most used forms in the entrance of the building between the outside and inside doors.

    When you put your forms in our secure drop box, you can include:

    • cash;
    • cheque; or
    • a payment information form to contact you for credit card payments.

    To pay with debit card, you'll have to make arrangements beforehand:

    1. Phone us: 867-667-5314
    2. Tell us a date and time when you can come to our office.
    3. Our staff will meet you in the entryway between the interior and exterior doors at the agreed-to time with a point-of-sale terminal.


  3. After we receive your documents and payment

    Processing time

    After we've accepted and filed all your documents, you'll receive a confirmation. The process can take up to 10 business days. The process online is immediate after you submit and pay the fee.

    Legal advice

    Staff at Corporate Affairs cannot provide any interpretation of legislation or operational advice of any sort regarding:

    • business corporations;
    • sole proprietorships;
    • partnerships;
    • cooperative associations; or
    • societies.

    If you need advice, talk with a professional such as a lawyer or an accountant.

    Our staff cannot provide legal advice or services. For legal matters, contact a lawyer or phone the Yukon Law Line: 867-668-5297, toll free 1-866-667-4305

    Business identifier numbers and taxes

    For information about business identifier numbers, taxes and charitable status, visit the Canada Revenue Agency.

    Business licences

    For information about business licences, contact the City of Whitehorse 867-668-8346, or email


Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 307 Black Street, 1st floor in Whitehorse. 

Phone: 867-667-5314, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5314

Fax: 867-393-6251


Government of Yukon
Corporate Affairs (C-6)
Box 2703,
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6