Renew a declaration of partnership

  1. When do you renew declaration of partnership?
  2. How to prepare your documents
  3. After we receive your documents and payment

  1. When do you renew declaration of partnership?

    You can renew your registration of a declaration of partnership for a term of 3 years at any time within the 3 months before the expiry date.

    • You cannot renew an expired partnership.
    • If your partnership expires, you must register your partnership again.

  2. How to prepare your documents

    How to fill out the form

    The information you provide on the form must be legible. Also make sure to complete each section.

    Download and compete Form 5 ‒ Renewal of declaration of partnership

    Section 1: Business name of partnership

    The name must be the full name as registered.

    Section 2: Yukon registry number

    Include your Yukon registry number.

    Section 3: Dates

    Include the date of the original date of declaration and the date of your last renewal. This information can be found on Yukon Corporate Online Registry (YCOR) for a fee.

    Section 4: Physical location of business

    Mark off the box showing whether your physical location has changed or stayed the same.

    Use this section to indicate the physical location of your business. Include any change of information.

    “Delivery address” refers to a physical location. Include an address or other description to identify a person’s home or place of business. This does not include a post office box.

    “Mailing address” refers to where you send mail. Include a complete mailing address, including the postal code. This address can be a person’s home, place of business or post office box.

    Section 5: Name and addresses of the partner

    If there's a person designated as the representative of the partnership, fill out their full name and addresses.

    Section 6: Partners' names

    Mark off the box showing whether your partners have stayed the same or changed. If the partners have changed, all of the current partners need to be listed.

    If the partner is an individual

    If 1 of the partners is an individual fill out their:

    • last name;
    • 1st name; and
    • mailing address.

    Sign and date the form.

    If the partner is an entity

    If 1 of the partners is an entity, fill in:

    • the name of the entity; and
    • its Yukon registry number (the entity must be registered).

    Also include your:

    • 1st and last name;
    • relationship to the entity; and
    • mailing address.

    When you’ve finished filling out the renewal, sign and date the form.

    Section 7: Signature of each designated representative or of each partner

    Include the signature of the designated representative. If there's no designated partner, each partner must sign and include the date they signed.

    Submit your documents and pay your fees

    After the form is completed, submit it along with the fee.

    The cost of filing a renewal of a declaration of partnership is $25.

    How to pay

    You can pay by:

    • cheque;
    • credit card;
    • cash; or
    • debit card.


    Provide a cheque in the appropriate amount made out to Government of Yukon.

    Credit card

    We accept Visa, Master Card and American Express payment at the office. If you send your documents by fax, email or mail, provide a phone number where we can reach you. This is so you can give us your credit card information.

    Cash or debit

    Payment in cash or with a debit card can only be made in person at our office: 307 Black Street, 1st floor

    COVID-19 office operations

    Until further notice, because of the COVID-19 safety measures, our office is closed to the public.

    Deliver your documents to us

    You can drop off forms in our secure drop box at 307 Black Street, 1st floor. It's in the entrance of our building between the outside and inside doors. You'll also find copies of the most used forms next to the drop box.

    When you put your forms in our secure drop box, you can include:

    • cash;
    • cheque; or
    • a payment information form to contact you for credit card payments.

    To pay with debit card, you'll have to make arrangements beforehand:

    1. Phone us: 867-667-5314
    2. Tell us a date and time when you can come to our office.
    3. Our staff will meet you in the entryway between the interior and exterior doors at the agreed-to time with a point-of-sale terminal.


  3. After we receive your documents and payment

    Processing time

    After we've accepted and filed all your documents, you'll receive a confirmation. The process can take up to 5 business days.

    Legal advice

    Staff at Corporate Affairs cannot provide any interpretation of legislation or operational advice of any sort regarding:

    • business corporations;
    • sole proprietorships;
    • partnerships;
    • cooperative associations; or
    • societies.

    If you need advice, talk with a professional such as a lawyer or an accountant.

    Our staff cannot provide legal advice or services. For legal matters, contact a lawyer or phone the Yukon Law Line at 867-668-5297, toll free 1-866-667-4305.

    Business identifier numbers and taxes

    For information about business identifier numbers, taxes and charitable status, visit the Canada Revenue Agency.

    Business licences

    For information about business licences, phone the City of Whitehorse at 867-668-8346 or email


Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 307 Black Street, 1st floor in Whitehorse. 

Phone: 867-667-5314, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5314

Fax: 867-393-6251


Government of Yukon
Corporate Affairs (C-6)
Box 2703,
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6