File: change address of a limited partnership

  1. Changing a registered office: Yukon limited partnership
  2. How to prepare your documents
  3. Submit your documents
  4. After we receive your documents

  1. Changing a registered office: Yukon limited partnership

    Notify the registrar each time the address of the registered office of your limited partnership changes. You have to give notice in writing as soon as the change happens.

  2. How to prepare your documents

    How to fill out the forms

    The information you provide on forms must be legible. Also make sure to complete each section.

    Download and complete Form 2 ‒ notice of change of registered office of limited partnership

    Section 1: Name of limited partnership

    The name must match the name as registered.

    Section 2: Yukon registry number

    Include the Yukon registry number.

    Section 3: New registered office in Yukon

    Include the address for the new registered office in Yukon with the date it came into effect.

    “Delivery address” refers to a physical location. Include an address or other description to identify a person’s home or place of business. This must not include a post office box.

    “Mailing address” refers to where you send mail. Include a complete mailing address, including the postal code. This address can be a person’s home, place of business or post office box.

    Section 4: Names and signatures of all general partners

    Include the names and signatures of all the general partners and the date they signed the form.



  3. Submit your documents

    After the form is completed, submit it to us. There is no charge for a notice of change of registered office of limited partnership.

    COVID-19 office operations

    Until further notice, because of the COVID-19 safety measures, our office is closed to the public.

    Deliver your documents to us

    You can drop off forms in our secure drop box at 307 Black Street, 1st floor. It's in the entrance of our building between the outside and inside doors. You'll also find copies of the most used forms next to the drop box.

  4. After we receive your documents

    Processing time

    After we've accepted and filed all your documents, you'll receive confirmation. The process can take up to 5 business days.

    Legal advice

    Staff at Corporate Affairs cannot provide any interpretation of legislation or operational advice of any sort regarding:

    • business corporations;
    • sole proprietorships;
    • partnerships;
    • cooperative associations; or
    • societies.

    If you need advice, talk with a professional such as a lawyer or an accountant.

    Our staff cannot provide legal advice or services. For legal matters, contact a lawyer or phone the Yukon Law Line: 867-668-5297, toll free 1-866-667-4305advice or legal services.

    Business identifier numbers and taxes

    For information about business identifier numbers, taxes and charitable status, visit the Canada Revenue Agency.

    Business licences

    For information about business licences, phone the City of Whitehorse 867-668-8346 or email


Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 307 Black Street, 1st floor in Whitehorse. 

Phone: 867-667-5314, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5314

Fax: 867-393-6251


Government of Yukon
Corporate Affairs (C-6)
Box 2703,
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6