File: declaration of dissolution of partnership

  1. What is the dissolution of partnership?
  2. How to prepare your documents
  3. After we receive your documents

  1. What is the dissolution of partnership?

    Subject to any agreement between the partners, a partnership is dissolved when it was entered into for:

    • a fixed term and that term has ended;
    • a single adventure or undertaking or by the end of that adventure or undertaking; or
    • when it was entered into for an undefined time.

    This agreement can be dissolved by any partner giving notice to their partner or partners of their intention to dissolve the partnership. The partnership is dissolved as of the date mentioned in the notice. If no date is included in the notice, the partnership is dissolved on the date the notice is communicated.

  2. How to prepare your documents

    Download and fill out Form 7 ‒ Declaration of dissolution of partnership.

    How to fill out the form

    The information you provide must be legible.

    Section 1: Business name of partnership

    The name must match the name appearing on the declaration.

    Section 2: Yukon registry number

    Include the Yukon registry number.

    Section 3: Date of dissolution

    Include the date of dissolution. This cannot be a future date.

    Section 4: Name and signature of partners signing

    If the partner was registered under a personal name, fill out your:

    • last name;
    • first name; and
    • sign and date the form.

    If the partner is registered as an entity, fill in:

    • the name of the entity;
    • its Yukon registry number (the entity must be registered);
    • the first name and last name of the individual signing for the entity;
    • individual's relationship to the entity; and
    • sign and date the form.

  3. After we receive your documents

    Processing time

    After we've accepted and filed all your documents, you'll receive a confirmation. The process can take up to 5 business days.

    There's no charge for filing a declaration of dissolution of partnership.

    COVID-19 office operations

    Until further notice, because of the COVID-19 safety measures, our office is closed to the public.

    Deliver your documents to us

    You can drop off forms in our secure drop box. It's in the entrance of our building between the outside and inside doors. You'll also find copies of the most used forms next to the drop box.

    Legal advice

    Staff at Corporate Affairs cannot provide any interpretation of legislation or operational advice of any sort regarding:

    • business corporations;
    • sole proprietorships;
    • partnerships;
    • cooperative associations; or
    • societies.

    If you need advice, talk with a professional such as a lawyer or an accountant.

    Our staff cannot provide legal advice or services. For legal matters, contact a lawyer or phone the Yukon Law Line at 867-668-5297, toll free 1-866-667-4305.

    Business identifier numbers and taxes

    For information about business identifier numbers, taxes and charitable status, visit the Canada Revenue Agency.

    Business licences

    For information about business licences, contact the City of Whitehorse 867-668-8346 or email


Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 307 Black Street, 1st floor in Whitehorse. 

Phone: 867-667-5314, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5314

Fax: 867-393-6251


Government of Yukon
Corporate Affairs (C-6)
Box 2703,
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6