Here are some guidelines on choosing a name for your business.
- Minimum length of name is 5 characters.
- Maximum length of name is 120 characters.
- Name must have more letters than the total number of other characters in the name.
- No obscene or objectionable names.
- Names must not mislead.
- Names must not be identical to another organization.
Names that need consent:
- names that suggest government affiliation such as Government of Yukon or Yukon First Nation;
- names that suggest academic or technical affiliation such as university or college;
- names that suggest teaching of a trade such as a school, institute or academy;
- names such as accountant, dentist, engineer, or private investigators; and
- names that suggest regulated financial business.
See the full list of naming guidelines in the Naming Regulations.
For clients who prefer limited contact, a drop box is located in the main lobby.