Change director's information for a Yukon corporation

  1. Filing a notice to change director's and director's addresses
  2. How to prepare your documents
  3. Submit your documents
  4. After we receive your documents

  1. Filing a notice to change director's and director's addresses

    When a corporation makes a change to a director or director’s address, the corporation has 15 days to notify the registrar. The corporation must send notice of the changes to the registrar using the proper form.

  2. How to prepare your documents

    Download and fill out Form 9 ‒ Notice of director’s and directors’ addresses.

    How to fill out the form

    The information you provide must be legible.

    Section 1: Name of corporation

    The name must match the name as registered.

    Section 2: Yukon registry number

    Include the Yukon registry number.

    Section 3: Outgoing directors

    Include the 1st and last names of directors who have left and the date they stopped being directors for the corporation.

    Section 4: Incoming directors

    Include the 1st and last names of new directors for the corporation and the date they became directors for the corporation.

    “Delivery address” refers to a physical location. Include an address or other description to identify a person’s home or place of business. This does not include a post office box.

    “Mailing address” refers to where you send mail. Include a complete mailing address, including the postal code. This address can be a person’s home, place of business or post office box.

    Section 5: Address changes

    Include the 1st and last names of directors whose addresses have changed and include their new address.

    Section 6: List directors and addresses

    Include 1st and last name of all the current directors and both their delivery and mailing addresses.

    If there are no directors the Form 10 ‒ Notice of change of shareholders and addresses must also be filed.

    The Yukon registry number must also be included if the director is a corporation or extra-territorial corporation.

    Section 7: Name of individual signing

    Include the 1st and last name of the individual signing the form.

    Section 8: Title of the individual signing

    Include the title of the individual signing the form. This will be a director, officer or authorized agent.

    Section 9: Signature

    Sign the form.

    Section 10: Date of signature

    Date the form.


  3. Submit your documents

    There's no fee for changing directors information for a Yukon corporation.

    COVID-19 office operations

    Until further notice, because of the COVID-19 safety measures, our office is closed to the public.

    Deliver your documents to us

    You can drop off forms in our secure drop box at 307 Black Street, 1st floor. It's in the entrance of our building between the outside and inside doors. You'll also find copies of the most used forms next to the drop box.

  4. After we receive your documents

    Processing time

    After we've accepted and filed all your documents, you'll receive a confirmation. The process can take up to 10 business days.

    Legal advice

    Staff at Corporate Affairs cannot provide any interpretation of legislation or operational advice of any sort regarding:

    • business corporations;
    • sole proprietorships;
    • partnerships;
    • cooperative associations; or
    • societies.

    If you need advice, talk with a professional such as a lawyer or an accountant.

    Our staff cannot provide legal advice or services. For legal matters, contact a lawyer or phone the Yukon Law Line at 867-668-5297, toll free 1-866-667-4305.

    Business identifier numbers and taxes

    For information about business identifier numbers, taxes and charitable status, visit the Canada Revenue Agency.

    Business licences

    For information about business licences, phone the City of Whitehorse 867-668-8346 or email


Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 307 Black Street, 1st floor in Whitehorse. 

Phone: 867-667-5314, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5314

Fax: 867-393-6251


Government of Yukon
Corporate Affairs (C-6)
Box 2703,
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6