School bus and other student transportation options

Register your child for the school bus

Rural Yukon school bus registration

Contact your child's school for busing information.

Whitehorse school bus registration

You have to register your child for the school bus each year.

  1. Complete the school bus registration form.
  2. Submit your form to the Student Transportation branch. 
    In person: 1000 Lewes Boulevard, Department of Education office
    Fax: 867-667-8243

Register early

Information from early school bus registration helps us create the most efficient bus routes possible.

Registrations provide us with vital emergency information

Registrations ensure we have your current contact information. We also share your child's medical information with the school bus company in case of an emergency.

Sign up for a free Whitehorse Transit pass

Whitehorse high school students can take a city bus instead of a school bus. Students who choose the city bus receive free monthly Whitehorse Transit passes and are not eligible to ride a school bus. They may use their passes to get to and from school and for personal use.

  1. Complete the public transit registration form. You can also get a form at your school office.
  2. Return the completed form to your school office and staff will give you a pass.
  3. You must follow the Whitehorse Transit Passenger Code of Conduct when you take the bus.

Note for students who use City of Whitehorse transit - April 3, 2018

Whitehorse high school students who normally use City of Whitehorse transit to get to and from school can take their local school bus routes if they are not able to take city transit due to possible service interruptions, and if there is space available on the school bus route.

If a student needs to take their local school bus route, no registration is required at this time. Bus drivers have been directed to pick up the additional students at the regular designated school bus stops. 

Check below to find the bus routes closest to your home.

Parents and students should also be checking the City of Whitehorse’s website for city transit updates. 

If you have any questions, please contact Judith Steele at or 867-667-5172.

Apply for a transportation subsidy

If your child lives more than 3.2 km from the nearest school bus stop, you may apply for a transportation subsidy to offset the cost of driving.

  1. Complete the student transportation allowance application.
  2. Submit the completed form.
    In person: 1000 Lewes Boulevard, Department of Education office
    Fax: 867-667-8243

Student transportation policies, regulations and legislation


For questions about student transportation options email or phone: 867-667-5172 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5172.

If you have questions about bus service contact Standard Bus Yukon at 867-456-3210.

If you have questions or concerns about student behaviour on buses contact your child's school