If you are connected to the electrical grid and generate more renewable energy than you use, you can be reimbursed through the Micro-generation Program.
Reimbursement rate for exported energy
- Yukon Integrated System (hydro grid): $0.21 per kilowatt-hour
- Diesel community grids: $0.30 per kilowatt-hour
Apply to the Micro-generation Program
Discuss your project with an energy advisor
Our energy advisors will help you understand your renewable energy options. They will go over system economics and the local installers and suppliers.
- In person: 206A Lowe Street (across from Riverside Grocery) in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: 867-393-7063 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 7063.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find our your maximum generation capacity and get pre-approved
The utility sets a limit on how much energy can be added to the electrical system. We provide you with the maximum generation capacity for your project. This limit will help you design an appropriate system. You will need to provide:
- contact information,
- planned system location, and
- a recent electrical bill.
You may need to provide additional information if your bill does not represent the electrical load to be offset.
Design and install your system
Work with local contractors to design a system that works best for your needs. Make sure they are available to do the work. You can then proceed with installing the system.
Apply to the Micro-generation Project Interconnection Progam
Once the system is installed and passed electrical inspection, you:
- Complete and sign the Micro-generation Interconnection and Operating Agreement
- Prepare your supporting documentation. If you have questions about the following requirements, email email@example.com or phone 867- 393-7063 for more information. You must include:
- a recent electrical bill;
- a electrical diagram of the final system as installed and approved;
- a site diagram of the final system as installed and approved;
- a system description of the final system as installed and approved;
- manufacturer specification sheets for generation equipment, controllers, etc; and
- the final, approved electrical inspection.
- Submit your application package to the Energy Solutions Centre.
In person: 206A Lowe Street (across from Riverside Grocery) in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR206)
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 2C6
Get final approval and the signed agreement from the utility
We review your application and send it the utility. They sign the agreement and send it back to us. We will contact you to pick up your agreement.
Assuming your system has exported electricity, we calculate your reimbursement based on the annual dual-register meter reading. Your first payment period starts the date your meter was installed. Annual payment periods end on the last reading each January.
We issue a cheque within 60 days of the January reading each year your system exports electricity to the grid. Commercial customers may not see a reduction in their demand charge.