We offer a rebate for solar domestic hot-water heating systems.
- Must be a CSA F379-rated solar domestic hot-water system.
- Must be used with CSA-approved solar-heat storage.
You can contact us if you are considering a solar hot-water heating system for your institutional or commercial building or to discuss your project in more detail. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-393-7063.
20 per cent of eligible material costs up to $1,200.
Apply for your rebate
To apply online, you’ll need to:
- create an account on the Good Energy rebates website; and
- add details about your home.
Your receipts and invoices must be dated within 1 year of submitting your rebate application.
Other ways to apply
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Attach the required documents. Your receipts and invoices must be dated within 1 year of submitting your rebate application:
- itemized receipts with no balance owing. ;
- itemized invoices noted "paid in full" initialled by supplier; and
- a copy of the approved inspection report completed by the Government of Yukon or the City of Whitehorse.
- Submit your application to the Energy Branch.
In person: Climate Change and Energy Solutions Centre at 206A Lowe Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR206)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- You'll receive a rebate within 12 weeks.
Solar photovoltaic systems
We also offer a rebate to install a solar photovoltaic system for your home.
Get a loan to upgrade or repair your home
Yukon Housing Corporation offers a loan for homeowners who upgrade or repair their home. The home repair loan is up to $70,000 and amortized up to 15 years in 5-year terms.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or phone 867-393-7063, toll-free in the Yukon, 1-800-661-0408 and ask to be transferred.