Apply for land for an outfitter's camp or airstrip

If you run an hunting-outfitting business, you can apply for a lease or license for pre-existing camps and airstrips. You can only apply for camps with permanent improvements that were built before April 1, 2003.


To be eligible for a lease or license, you must be the holder of an outfitting concession in good standing.

Choosing a site

You can only apply for camps with permanent improvements that were built before April 1, 2003. This includes:

  • basecamps; and
  • secondary or spike camps.

The maximum size for an outfitting basecamp is 3.99 hectares. All sites must be set back at least 30.48 metres from a lake or large waterbody, or 10 metres from a creek.

Ensure your site meets the criteria in our outfitting land policy.

You can use our GeoYukon interactive map to identify the land you want to apply for around your outfitting cabin(s). Ensure the land is available and does not overlap:

  • Settlement Land;
  • a titled parcel; or
  • other conflicting uses.

View land and property layers on GeoYukon

You can get help with GeoYukon at:

Apply for the land

  1. Download, complete and sign the application form.
  2. Include with your application:
    • a detailed, to-scale site plan for each site including all cabins, sheds, and other structures;
    • location map for each site; and
    • a copy of your valid and current concession certificate.
  3. We recommend you review your application with our staff. We can help ensure your application is complete and the land you chosen is suitable. You can visit us at:
  4. Submit your application along with an application fee of $25 plus 5 per cent GST. You can do this when you meet with our staff to go over your application.

Timeline for decision

Review of your application includes consultation with First Nations and public engagement. It typically takes 12 to 24 months to reach a decision on your application. Throughout the process we'll be in touch:

  • to keep you informed on the progress of your application; and
  • if we need clarification.

After you receive our decision

  1. After we make a decision about your application, we'll mail you a decision letter.
  2. If we approve your application, we'll mail you a licence or lease document to sign.
  3. After you sign the document, we sign the licence or lease and provide you a final copy for your records.

If we deny your application

We'll notify you in the decision letter. You can appeal the decision.


Our client services staff can assist you with any questions. Contact the Land Management Branch. Phone 867-667-5215 or email¬†[email protected].