If you applied for land, you have a right to appeal our decision on your application.
To appeal our decision on your application, you must believe we:
- made an error during the application review process;
- made an error interpreting the land policy that applies to your application; or
- did not consider, or did not properly consider, the provided information.
You can only submit 1 appeal on an application.
You can learn about the appeal process in our land application appeal policy.
You must submit your appeal within 30 days of the date our decision letter was mailed to you.
Submit your appeal
- Write an appeal letter. Address the letter to the Assistant Deputy Minister of Sustainable Resources, Energy, Mines and Resources. Include:
- details on the grounds for the appeal;
- supporting documents;
- land application number;
- your full name; and
- your contact information.
- If there's more than 1 applicant named on your application, your appeal letter must be signed by all the applicants.
- File your appeal with the Land Management Branch.
In person: We're located at 320-300 Main Street in Whitehorse. We're open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Government of Yukon
Land Management Branch (K-320)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
What happens next
The Assistant Deputy Minister will decide if there are legitimate grounds for an appeal. They consider only the information you've provided in your appeal letter.
The Assistant Deputy Minister will provide a written decision on your appeal within 30 days of receiving your appeal letter. This will:
- confirm the original decision;
- vary the original decision; or
- overturn the original decision.
The Assistant Deputy Minister’s decision on the appeal is final.
Do you have questions about the appeal process?
Our client services staff can assist you with any questions. Contact the Land Management Branch by phone 867-667-5215, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.