The National Safety Code (NSC) governs the safe operation of commercial:
- vehicles; and
The programs ensure that commercial carriers comply with national safety standards for their vehicles and drivers.
Which vehicles are covered by the National Safety Code?
- Any registered commercial vehicle with gross weight above 4,500 kilograms.
- Commercial buses capable of carrying more than 10 passengers, including the driver.
National Safety Code standards
The National Safety Code administers these standards:
- hours of service;
- cargo securement;
- carrier and driver profiles;
- commercial vehicle maintenance and inspection (PMVI);
- CVSA on-road inspections;
- trip inspection;
- safety rating; and
- facility audits.
If you have any questions about the National Safety Code (NSC), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 867-667-5066 or toll free 1-800-661-0408 extension 5066.