The Yukon Wildlife Damage Compensation Program helps farmers recover revenue lost due to wildlife.
Damage is eligible if you've tried to stop or mitigate damage by wildlife.
Eligible losses include damage to:
- forage and crops currently in production;
- improved pasture;
- livestock due to predation;
- livestock feed; and
Damage that isn't eligible
Assistance will not cover:
- feed crops that could have been harvested but were not brought in from the field; or
- crops that are stored in a manner where they can't be protected.
Crops that have been:
- gathered in sheaves;
- stooks or bales; and
- crops stacked in fields.
- Producers who have suffered crop or livestock losses caused by wildlife.
- Recipients must show a firm commitment to preventing and/or reducing the amount of damage caused by wildlife.
Email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5838 for an assessment as soon as you notice damage.
Apply for funding
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership funding program is now fully subscribed. The funding program intake is now closed and we are not accepting new applications. For questions, contact the Agriculture Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out the decision
Most applications are reviewed by a Project Evaluation Committee that meets once a month. The program manager may review some. We will contact you once a decision has been made. This is usually within 2 weeks of the monthly deadline. If your project is approved, we can explain the next steps at this time or you can find them in the programming guide.
Evaluate your completed project
We will release your final payment once you submit:
- the completed evaluation form;
- an itemized list of expenses; and
- copies of receipts.
If you host an event like a conference or workshop, include feedback from attendees.
We make project results, excluding financial details, available to the public.
Find more agriculture funding programs
This program is one of many available under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. See all of our agriculture funds.
About the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a 5-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector. It provides funding to help Yukon’s agriculture industry:
- increase competitiveness, productivity or profitability;
- increase environmental sustainability;
- expand domestic and international markets; and
- improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks.
Approved projects under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership program are funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Yukon.