The Emergency Management Exemplary Service Award is given to those in emergency management who provide exceptional services.
Who can nominate someone?
- The organization to which the nominee belongs
- Another person or body
Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominations are due to Yukon Emergency Measures Organization by May 1, 2019.
- for initiatives and achievements undertaken in the past 2 calendar years; or
- for an outstanding career.
Yukon nominations can be submitted in 5 categories:
- Resilient communities;
- Youth; or
- Outstanding contribution to emergency management.
- Search and Rescue Volunteer.
- Search and Rescue Employees.
Submit a nomination
- Review the award and nomination criteria set out by Public Safety Canada.
- Fill out the nominations forms.
- Submit the completed package:
In person: 60 Norseman Road in Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Emergency Measures Organization (EMO)
How are winners selected?
The Government of Yukon reviews nominations. Up to 5 qualifying Yukon nominations in each category will be submitted to the national review committee. See Public Safety Canada for details on the General Selection Committee.