The Emergency Management Exemplary Service Award is given to those in emergency management who have provided exceptional services.
Who can be nominated?
There are many deserving people and groups working and volunteering in emergency management across Canada. Any person or group working or volunteering in emergency management in the Yukon is eligible for this award. This could include, but is not limited to:
- a community-based volunteer or group;
- a person working in all levels of government; and
- Indigenous communities.
Nominations are for:
- initiatives and achievements undertaken in the past 2 calendar years; or
- the culmination of an outstanding career.
Who can nominate someone?
- The organization to which the nominee belongs
- Another person, group or organization
Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominations are due to the Yukon Emergency Measures Organization by August 1, 2022.
Yukon nominations can be submitted in 3 categories:
- resilient communities;
- youth; or
- outstanding contribution to emergency management.
Nominations in the search and rescue volunteers and search and rescue employees categories should be made to Public Safety Canada.
Submit a nomination
- Review the award and nomination criteria set out by Public Safety Canada.
- Fill out the nominations forms and gather the necessary supporting documents.
- Submit the completed package:
In person: 60 Norseman Road in Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4 pm
Government of Yukon
Emergency Measures Organization
How are winners selected?
The Government of Yukon reviews nominations. Up to 5 qualifying Yukon nominees from the Yukon in each category will be submitted to the national review committee. See Public Safety Canada for details on the General Selection Committee.