Buy a developed lot

You can buy developed lots for:

  • single-family residences;
  • multi-family residences;
  • commercial use; or
  • industrial use.

Buy a lot through a land lottery or tender

When we develop new lots, we offer them through a land lottery or tender.

View current land lotteries and tenders

Buy a lot over-the-counter

Any remaining lots after the lottery and tender processes are offered over the counter. Over-the-counter lots are sold on a 1st-come, 1st-serve basis. You can view the lots available on our interactive map. The map includes:

  • lot size;
  • what the land can be used for;
  • how long you have to build on it; and
  • price.

View lots for sale


Buying a lot for yourself

You must be at least 19 years old.

To buy country residential land, you cannot have an agreement for sale for any other country residential lot.

Buying a lot for a business

To purchase a lot as a corporation or limited partnership, you must have:

  • a valid business licence in the Yukon in good standing; and
  • a valid incorporation certificate issued in the Yukon within the previous 60 days. You can also print out your corporate status from our website. Make sure your print-out is dated from the past 60 days.

If your corporation is from outside of the Yukon, you must register as a extra-territorial corporation in the Yukon.

How to buy a lot

  1. Visit us in person to buy a lot at:
  2. We create the sale documents, including:
    • the sale application;
    • an agreement for sale;
    • the deadline that you must build by; and
    • a payment schedule, if you are not paying the full price.
  3. You pay an application fee of $25 plus 5 per cent GST.
  4. You pay for the lot. We do not accept credit cards for this payment. You pay either:
    • the full purchase price plus 5 per cent GST; or
    • a 20 per cent down payment and 5 per cent GST on the full purchase price.
  5. If you only pay a 20 per cent down payment, the balance accrues interest at the greater of:
    • 2.5 per cent above the bank rate; or
    • 5 per cent.
  6. You sign the agreement for sale.
  7. We sign the agreement for sale. If you're applying from outside Whitehorse or we cannot sign it while you’re here:
    • we can mail the final documents to you; or
    • you can pick them up at a later date.

Our client services staff can assist you with any questions. Contact the Land Management Branch by phone at 867-667-5215, or email