You can buy developed lots for:
- single-family residences;
- multi-family residences;
- commercial use; or
- industrial use.
Buy a lot through a land lottery or tender
When we develop new lots, we offer them through a land lottery or tender.
Buy a lot over-the-counter
Any remaining lots after the lottery and tender processes are offered over the counter. Over-the-counter lots are sold on a 1st-come, 1st-serve basis. You can view the lots available on our interactive map. The map includes:
- lot size;
- what the land can be used for;
- how long you have to build on it; and
Buying a lot for yourself
You must be at least 19 years old.
To buy residential land, you cannot have an agreement for sale for another residential lot in the same community.
To buy country residential land, you must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
Buying a lot for a business
To purchase a lot as a corporation or limited partnership, you must have:
- a valid business licence in the Yukon in good standing; and
- a valid incorporation certificate issued in the Yukon within the previous 60 days. You can also print out your corporate status from our website. Make sure your print-out is dated from the past 60 days.
If your corporation is from outside of the Yukon, you must register as a extra-territorial corporation in the Yukon.
How to buy a lot
- Visit us in person to buy a lot at:
- a Compliance, Monitoring and Inspections office; or
- the Land Management Branch located at 320-300 Main Street in Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- We create the sale documents, including:
- the sale application;
- an agreement for sale;
- the deadline that you must build by; and
- a payment schedule, if you are not paying the full price.
- You pay an application fee of $25 plus 5 per cent GST.
- You pay for the lot. We do not accept credit cards for this payment. You pay either:
- the full purchase price plus 5 per cent GST; or
- a 20 per cent down payment and 5 per cent GST on the full purchase price.
- If you only pay a 20 per cent down payment, the balance accrues interest at the greater of:
- 2.5 per cent above the bank rate; or
- 5 per cent.
- You sign the agreement for sale.
- We sign the agreement for sale. If you're applying from outside Whitehorse or we cannot sign it while you’re here:
- we can mail the final documents to you; or
- you can pick them up at a later date.
Our client services staff can assist you with any questions. Contact the Land Management Branch by phone at 867-667-5215, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.